Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yoga Patellar Tendinitis

BETWEEN BOOKS Review of "A full stop "Marathon Books

A full stop

Is there love after love?



Paula finds herself abandoned by her husband, being in charge of their three children.


To leave the bitterness that pervades his life, his therapist advised him to write, reflecting their feelings and experiences on paper. Thus we discover how to overcome the pain faces the possibility of new love, of course not without problems and difficulties, but they only have to overcome to move forward.



Helena Nieto Second novel and first of his novels that fall into my hands. I had the opportunity to meet at the First Meeting of RA where I present this novel and what I liked about it is the definition that the author herself did it: intimate novel, full of feelings and told in first person.


Normally we are reluctant readers to read a book in first person, of course I'm not generalizing or anything, but I have found resistance in many readers. However, it is not me, it's more I was drawn to the fact that a novel could be counted as a journal in which the protagonist makes his confessions. It's a different way of knowing the character and the other characters as you know them through a different prism that is through a narrator-observer. And if it fits the narrative is much more personal.


The main character, who tells her story is Paula a divorced woman has to take care of their children and who your therapist to overcome the breakdown of her marriage advised to keep a journal. This is the starting point, and this is how we meet Paula and their children, the relationship between them and how Paula is again the love and understanding above all else.


In many ways I have found a very real daily because I am not a mother, but I was young and I think all girls have been having conflicts with Paula Vicky with their world, with his brothers. Family relationships that has struck me as very real, so much that I had memories of my adolescence and my battles with my parents on the grounds or reasons similar to those found in the book.


a full stop not only focuses on family relationships but also a love story is interesting. May not be what we are accustomed passionate, and there is no knight, nor any bold libertine as in the novels of the period. There is a lovely man, shy, simple, tender to win the heart of Paul through their understanding and patience. It is said that rubbing the baby is born and more because in this novel we can see that.


is a simple story and complex because there is no murder or anything so convoluted, so There is a complexity of feelings, disagreements that are very close to what a woman of today would feel if your world as conceived will crash and have to cope with their new situation.


I think the story is fast and fluid which makes the book is quite enjoyable for what happened to me in a whisper. It is a novel and therefore fiction but what counts is something that any woman could have lived the twentieth century. For that alone has merit as it is not easy to capture the feelings and thoughts but it is not easy to make them as real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment